Saturday, November 6, 2010

2010 Gratitude Challenge - day 7

Warning: Shallow blog post below.

Can I be thankful for clean cable? If so I'd say I WAS thankful for my tv dvr service. But now that Uverse isn't showing Food Network, much of what I watched is gone. In place of HGTV (also gone) was a show that I won't name here. It had a three letter word that started with 's' in it. Really? If I didn't have my email tied to AT&T I would have switched Friday.

But I am thankful that my hubby called and got us some $$ back. I'll keep it for a few weeks and see what happens. In the meantime I'm switching my emails to yahoo in case I decide to drop it. If you call, they can have it off in 15 minutes. That is not enough time for me to go through 5000 emails. Trying to plow through about 300 per day.

And thankful for friend Tammy who told me about how you can watch Food Network live on the Internet. Hey...it isn't DVR'd but at least I can watch Next Iron Chef tonight.

Here you go:
http://www.tikilive.com/show/food

I know.. Many of you don't have cable by choice. But what can I say? Occasionally I need some mind numbing time. And I was actually using Good Eats as a science / history / geography curriculum supplement.





4 comments:

Apryl said...

Thanks for the link!! We have missed Food Network more than anything since giving up cable.

Lisa said...

If we had cable...I would love the food network!!

Prairiemaid said...

Sounds like something to be thankful for to me.

We don't have "cable" but when I get an opportunity, I enjoy food network.

Hope you are having a great weekend!

Our Village is a Little Different said...

Enjoy Iron Chef. Chef Marco went to school with me! (although he is a couple of years younger) I struggle over the cable. We don't watch much TV, but we do like High Definition Sports. I hate paying for all the junk that is on that we would never watch. I go back and forth all the time..

Related Posts with Thumbnails