Friday, May 6, 2016

You Were Born For This...

Have not blogged in over 2 years and it was sparse at best back then.  I have had many in my head and I do think I will start writing again.  

Mother's day this weekend.  

The enemy has been strong with his attacks on my mind and heart this week.  (That last sentence sounds like Star Wars.  We have poured thru episodes IV, V and VI in 2 weeks.)  And I have felt like.. Bad mom.  Bad mom.  Those are the thoughts I have had.  Not about the Star Wars Videos.  That was actually kind of a fun family thing to do.  But just so many things that seem off / sad / difficult.  

I just looked at my son's Tumblr account (shh don't tell him I can do that) and saw this meme:


There are other versions out there if you don't understand what PS5 and GTA are...

for example:


His response on Tumblr was, "red pill.  definitely the red pill."  

I guess I would pick the red pill too but it makes me sad that he focuses on his mistakes even at the age of 15.  How many mistakes could he have made?  I know he thinks there are many.  But thankfully we have Jesus/God/Holy Spirit who

Remembers our sins no more.  (Isaiah 43:24 and Hebrews 8:12)
Puts our sins behind his back. (Isaiah 38:17)
Removed our sins as far as the east is from the west.  (Psalm 103:12)

I am sure there are more  (a Book full of them) but these are the ones the Holy Spirit brought to mind.

I started a new Christ centered "brain detox" yesterday and it teaches you how to take captive all the negative thoughts and make them obedient to Christ.  (2 Corinthians 10:5) You have to first hone in on what the most pressing negative thought is.  "Bad mom.  Bad mom" yes that was it.  Immediately a thought came to mind.. "I have given you everything you have in Christ Jesus. "  Gee.. that sounded like a Bible verse and sure enough it is. Thank you google.   2 Peter 1:3 (ESV.. read it in a couple of versions and pick your favorite.  They all read a little differently.)

His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and holiness though the knowledge of him who called us to his glory and excellence... 

My "active reach" today (via the brain detox program) is to focus on that verse at least seven times and then remember God's divine power which has already given us what we need.

This morning I went on a walk and one of my favorite songs came up and it speaks directly to this.  Esther.. she was born for this....And we are born for this.  One of the best lyrics in this song is:

Long before your heart could run the risk
You were born for this... 

So to all the moms and especially the special needs mom's out there..








No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails