Sunday, April 15, 2012

It's Morning Somewhere....



I got up this morning and the pastor of the church I have been going to had on his Facebook page, "His mercies are new every morning."  I clicked 'like' because well.. it's true.


I got dressed, even put on a skirt and a cool scarf.  Hubby had a meeting at 10 am on the phone which is rare on a Sunday and when he does have to work it is important.   I had taped Air Bud and thought...Super!  I can put the kiddo on the TV, I will sneak out and all will be well.


Keys in hand... I turned on the TV.  There was a commercial about bullying and he lost it.  I should have said he LOST it.  Big time.  I could tell after about 20 minutes that there would be no leaving.  I dashed out a note on Facebook asking for prayer that I maybe get to church but it was not to happen.  And I was angry and sad and disappointed.  It wasn't 'just' about going to church.  I know many of you understand that... it was 'one more thing.'


I rarely write about the 'hard stuff' that we deal with.  Just this last week a Christian magazine wrote a very detailed piece on how difficult it is when you have autism in the family. (They even put the 80% divorce statistic for those with autistic kids in there.  That is a lie from the devil.)   It was depressing to read.  One friend said it was good because it brings awareness.  I think that is true but HOPE is important also. One book I love is Dancing with Max by Emily Colson.  It is written like a Psalm.  It tells of the hard times she has endured but as I read (and as I have heard her speak via the internet) it is apparent that she knows the Lord and sees the joy in life...even in the hard times.   That is the type of writing I am drawn to.  It is the type of life I want to live.  


So for the next hour or two, I sat and listened to the kiddo, tried to calm him and buried myself in a Christian novel I am reading...just to escape.  Then when hubby got off the phone I did a bit of retail therapy.  (Not too much damage.  Heck, one store was the Dollar Store!)


When I arrived home all was well.  But I had been stressed the whole week.  It wasn't until I went for a walk that I realized that all the weight of the last week had been lifted off of me.  And the reason for that is because of the prayers of the saints (friends) that went up for me this morning as I sent out that SOS.  Even though I have lived in isolation with regards to church the last 10 years, I have met an incredible crowd of individuals via cyberspace that lift me up when needed.

There is a verse in Joel that says, "I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten."  (2:25).  I think this is true even for a day.  "I will repay you for your lousy morning."  I felt free, fresh, new and peace filled as I went on my walk.  So his mercies are new every morning...and it is morning somewhere.





I'm filing this under "Hear it on Sunday, Use it on Monday" because even though I didn't make it to church, I will be using a message directly from Him all through the week.  The message is peace and it was opened up for me because of the friends praying.



2 comments:

Lisa notes... said...

His mercies are new every morning, and it is morning somewhere. Beautiful. That's finding the silver lining. :-)

I have a friend who has an autistic son and she faces similar difficulties, although she is a single mom. It is teaching me new compassion for those of you with this challenge. Blessings to you!

Connie said...

So many challenges, yet joy is the thread throughout. As you share your family's walk, others are blessed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails