Sunday, May 13, 2012

No Fear

A year ago I sat outside writing this post about 'our story.'  It was a blessing to write and I still like reading it even though I have lived the story.  In the last year progress has been made, battles have been fought and won, and we move forward.

I love when God starts to bring things together from various places as if He is designing the universe just for you.  Indeed I believe He can do that.  And he has done that in many ways over the past weeks and even hours.  He loves me that much.


The topic that has been popping up in many places for me is fear.  Emily Colson talks in her book Dancing with Max about how she decided one day to no longer live in fear regarding her son Max..where to take him, what to do on a daily basis.  I have been re-reading some of that.  

And my last post was a song that has struck me deep called No Fear.

Then this morning I saw an incredible video about an mom raising an blessed special needs child.  One that many said she should have aborted.  She gave him a place in this world and did not live in fear of what others say although she is very honest about her walk through this.  

At church the pastor spoke on Mephibosheth... the grandson of Saul who had crippled feet.  In this story (which is in 2 Samuel chapter 9), David gives grace to this man who he could have destroyed.   David did not fear him even though he could have opposed him as being the grandson of Saul.  David's kindness made a difference.  He did not need to be afraid because it is all God's anyway.  The pastor asked, "what would you do if you were not afraid?"   He is our portion.  Do we give him everything?  The pastor mentioned..money, time, co-worker.. he left out the biggy espeically on this mother's day.

Kids..

Can we give Him our kids?  And if so, then we have no fear.  Because He is in control.   He is our portion.  Psalm 73:26.  I memorized that one a long time ago.  I just want it to sink a big deeper in my heart.  Can we allow Him to work through them and in them in His timing and not ours?

Do I trust him THAT much?  If so, I can live in freedom knowing that He provides.. ALWAYS.




(the above is a really neat meme that is published every week.  click on it to learn more.)

1 comment:

walking said...

A Charlotte Mason Quote

"When we recognise that God does not make over the bringing up of children absolutely even to their parents, but that He works Himself, in ways which it must be our care not to hinder, in the training of every child, then we shall learn passiveness, humble and wise. We shall give children space to develop on the lines of their own characters in all right ways, and shall know how to intervene effectually to prevent those errors which, also, are proper to their individual characters."

http://www.amblesideonline.org/CM/3_03.html

Another One:
" We begin by believing in the children as spiritual beings of unmeasured powers––intellectual, moral, spiritual––capable of receiving and constantly enjoying intuitions from the intimate converse of the Divine Spirit."

http://www.amblesideonline.org/CM/2_25.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails