Friday, October 7, 2011

Two Roads

I went on a personal retreat yesterday at the Capuchin Retreat Center.  It is the second time I have been blessed with going.  There were only four women this time and after I went last time, and saw the fruits from it, I couldn't imagine not going again.  You can go any time (more or less during the week but must call first) and if you want more information let me know.  Make time.. you will walk away with MORE time as you reevaluate your goals.   (It is a Catholic retreat center but you do not have to be Catholic to go.) 

I post this poem every once in awhile.  The two pictures below were taking on my little iPod Touch.  So they aren't high quality but there was a maze of trails to choose from and I think of this poem when I look at these pictures.  (There is also a prayer labyrinth that I have not yet done but have thought about doing.  A very interesting spiritual practice.) 

Oh and if you don't know me..I am a Martha Martha Martha.  This was a very Mary practice.  And it fit me just fine :)







The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth.

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same.

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Robert Frost


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails