Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Out of the Mouth of Babes

Andrew has come out with some doozeys tonight. I just had to get them down on paper.




Playing Apples to Apples he came out with some real winners:

  • Wild: "My mom" because sometimes she is just really wild and crazy!
  • Stinky: "Getting Mail" because there can be all those bills and stuff.
  • Skinny: "Girls" when they have those abs muscles things. You know, those things that go pop pop pop. (As he demonstrates a 6 pack.)
  • Loud: "Taking a bath" from the swooshing sound of the water. (Um..he's hearing impaired so he does not hear in the bath although he has heard me draw water. I guess he thinks like a hearing kid.)



Andrew was also insisting tonight that I am not a REAL teacher! This was while I was printing out coupons for reduced teacher membership at Henry Ford. His detail while playing Apples to Apples was very cool though. He could think up reasons for just about any card to fit. Of course we just 'played for fun.' I am happy that he is just now enjoying some of these games- if not for competition- at least it is a good relationship building time now.

2 comments:

walking said...

I never thought of Apples to Apples as a window into the mind. Do you think it is something someone with more challenged verbal skills could play? Pamela is good at power words!

Prince Andrew and the Queen Mum said...

hmmm...not sure. I think you could find some way to use it

when we were playing taboo, i found some free prinables online to play the gamve for free. a quick search turned up this customizable very inexpensive version. didn't look into it though...just did a quick search.

http://www.educationallearninggames.com/apples-to-apples-customizable-cards-ink-jet.asp

Related Posts with Thumbnails