Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful Thursday Thanksgiving Meme..

I saw this meme over at Aut-2B-Home. It's fun...so why not...

1. Which do you like better: Cooking at your house, or going elsewhere?
I thought it was cook at home...but I've decided...not! The dishes..oh the dishes.... (This is not my kitchen by the way. Mine was worse..)
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/111/304884289_73a6ae1db0.jpg

2. Do you buy a fresh or frozen bird? I made chicken...which is still a bird. It was just us three so I made chicken thighs. Thanksgiving is all about the sides anyway! I had the opportunity to get a VERY fresh turkey...'processed' on Wednesday. hmmm.... I mean i KNOW where they come from but it just made me think a wee bit more... good thing I'm not a farmer!

http://www.freewebs.com/bindelfarm/Turkeys%20resized%202-1.jpg
3. What kind of stuffing? I made the stuff from a bag for DH and some cornbread stuffing for DS and myself. It was quite good!



4. Sweet potato or pumpkin pie? I found a great recipe for a pumpkin bar cookie! I haven't made it yet however, but I plan to this week!

5. Do you believe that turkey leftovers are a curse, or the point of the whole thing? Like I said, we ate chicken! LOL!!!

6. Which side dish would provoke a riot if you left it off the menu? Taters!!! We must have mashed taters. DS was a bit peeved that I hadn't cooked the hash browns we had bought earlier at "Meijers with J."

7. Do you save the carcass to make soup or stock? I never have gotten the hang of that. Can you say....Costco ...they sell a great boxed chicken broth.
http://images.plumgoodfood.com/images/Kristin/aphotos/treeoflife/tol2/200lg/200052603054256.jpg

8. What do you wish you had that would make preparing Thanksgiving dinner easier? Alice from the Brady Bunch comes to mind.
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/d/8/7/d873dbdbd9479085a746af7e8015c969.jpg

9. Do you get up at the crack of dawn to have dinner ready in the early afternoon, or do you eat at your normal dinner hour? Lets see...I was at Meijers grocery shopping for dinner at 11 am. We keep our regular homeschooling hours around here.

10. If you go to somebody else's house, what's your favorite dish to bring? This one is easy. I make a wonderful triple cranberry dish with cranberries, cranberry juice and dried cranberries! I didn't make it today because I am the only one who will eat it but my sissy is coming tomorrow and I think I will fix it up! Will blog a recipe!

11. Does your usual mix of guests result in drama, or is it a group you're happy to see? One of the reasons we stay home is that it is difficult for Andrew with tons of people. I was with some ladies last night who all have children on the spectrum....each one has a story or two about holiday gatherings and it seems to be the norm to keep it small.

12. What's your absolute favorite thing on the menu? Taters!!!!

13. What are you thankful for this year? Oh there is so much
  • My wonderful family! I know that is predictable but it is true.
  • Andrew's progress....all the whispers from God that I have seen this year concerning his development.
  • My new skin friends!!! I've prayed for a long time for some friends that I would 'click' with..that would accept me and Andrew...and it happened...praise God
  • For my incredible cyber friends too! I was thinking about all my mom and dad went through when I was young. They had to do it in a vacuum. I am able to turn on the internet and find a dozen friends immediately that know what I am going thru and can support and encourage.
So Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!!!! Now it is time for bed so I can hit those sales..(NOT!!!)


1 comment:

walking said...

Those pumpkin bars look delicious!!! I might have to try that recipe with Pamela.

Related Posts with Thumbnails