Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Dozens upon Dozens


We are off to Cedar Point Grandma and Grandpa's today. Just Andrew and me. Mark said he could never sleep the night before Cedar Point and Andrew is just the same about a big event. Last night he was so tired and our conversation went like this:

AJ... "Dozens upon dozens I love you mom."
mom..."Awwwww.... Did you think that up yourself or read it in a book?"
AJ..."Whatever."
mom..."No really. That is very sweet Andrew. Did you read it or think it up on your own?"
AJ..."I read it in a book."
mom... "What book?" I'm thinking Emily Dickinson? Ralph Waldo Emerson? Robert Frost? or even Shel Silverstein?

but no......

AJ..."Nintendo Power DS magazine! Remember Mom? In the July issue Captain Falcon says it!"




I mentioned that no I did NOT read it and he was a bit surprised that I didn't recall it at which point he said, "Your mind is like a sieve." I asked if he remembered what was in the July issue of Rachel Ray Magazine. He did not. Point made..I think.

When he showed me The Captain, it only said "dozens upon dozens (something else)" and not the " I love you part." That he added on his own. I heart my kid.

2 comments:

walking said...

Awwwww . . . Andrew has such a big heart!

walking said...

I just reread this while my little boy is out with friends for the first time as an adult . . .

Sniff!

They grow up too fast!

Related Posts with Thumbnails