Saturday, June 19, 2010

Defeated??


A friend posted the video below on facebook. It is so rich. I have seen the movie and it is excellent but this clip in particular is just all about..life. (Of course they knew that when they put it in, but still watching it again and again it brings strong emotions. What can I say? I'm a sucker for stuff like this.)









This can be applied to so many areas of my life. I think back to when Andrew was first diagnosed with a hearing impairment and then he was implanted with his "listener." It took some time before it 'took.' We kept crawling....

We still do that today with Andrew's other issues. We keep crawling along and some days it feels like this video. And we do have a blind fold on. Where is the finish line? But we have a coach in God. I am not sure he yells like this coach..but he does sometimes. And at other times he is silent. I also think that there are times that we can and should rest but even then God is moving us along.

I also think this is applicable to health. So many friends are struggling with their health right now. It is hard for some of them to even get out of bed in the morning because of the issues they struggle with. But somehow they continue to move- not defeated- with encouragement from God and friends. I too feel a bit defeated especially in the weight loss department. I keep trying but when everything else is out of control I have 'control' over what I eat. And so i do.. I am beginning to feel that I have more value than what I give myself when I shove food in my mouth.

My favorite line from the clip is, "If you walk around defeated so will they." It is so important to be able to be REAL with some friends about your daily struggles but we are victors when we have Jesus in our lives. I have recently been reflecting with a friend on how God gives us all dreams and visions in our hearts. They are personal to us. When we listen to that as well as the direction for achieving those, even though there are some days that are like the death crawl, the yoke is easy and the burden is light because we are in His plan.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails