Wednesday, April 20, 2011

His Love Endures Forever

A few days ago I wrote out Psalm 136 where the response is, "His love endures forever."  As I was reading a few of the comments I started thinking about that line...His love endures forever.   Which word do you put the emphasis on when you read it?   I always put it on love.  But each word is important.

His... Whose love?  God's love.  We can't always count on others but God's love endures forever.

Love.... What endures?  Love.  Not stuff.  Not relationships here on earth.  LOVE (His LOVE) endures forever.

Endures... What does His love do?  It endures.  It stands the test of time.  We can count on it.  It endures hardships, troubles and joy.  It sustains, it supports, it lasts....

Forever...  How long does His love endure?  Forever.  Not until tomorrow.. not until the second Tuesday of next week.  Forever.


1 comment:

Trish @ A House Upon The Rock said...

I think love for me too...although, forever might be just as strong.

It has been a pleasure to have you along for this journey. Thank you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails