Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Service of Song by Emily Dickenson

I've been in a bit of a dry spell in writing probably because I am doing so many reviews. There is a ton going on... but I am in a quiet mood. I do love my poetry however and ran across a bunch of 99 cent poetry books for my kindle!

I found this one just a few minutes ago. I went to a new church last night and it was wonderful on many levels. God has been prompting me to get into fellowship again. Take a risk and step out to see what happens.

And I was blessed by it.

But I will say that you can and should practice 'church' all day every day. This poem speaks to that so if you are not able to attend for whatever reason, know that God is still there with you. He loves you like crazy!

Some keep the Sabbath going to church;
I keep it by staying at home,
With a bobolink for a chorister,
And an orchard for a dome.

Some keep the Sabbath in surplice;
I just wear my wings,
And instead of tolling the bell for church,
Our little sexton sings.

God preaches, - a noted clergyman,-
And the sermon is never long;
So instead of getting to heaven at last,
I'm going all along!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails