Tuesday, November 15, 2011

2011 Gratitude Challenge November 15- My hubby



Today I am thankful for my hubby.  I have lots of lovely pictures of the two of us but this one makes me smile.  It was taken..um...20 years ago maybe??  We have been married over 19 years now and it has been a wild ride.  God is again good...very very good.

 I feel a returning to the 'fun times' of our youth.  But in a different way now that we know Jesus "20 years better."  There is a verse in the Bible: "May your fountain be blessed, and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth."  (Proverbs 5:18.)  I don't think hubby  exactly wants all of how I used to be..... but I think we both want to return to some of that joy.  I have just finished reading Nehemiah and in chapter eight it talks about joy and celebration.  (This will be another post on how I ended up in Nehemiah...God story.)  But I want to celebrate the victories and the progress we have made.

I love you my hubby.  So very very thankful for him and how God made him.  We make quite a team.  God knew what he was doing.







4 comments:

Rodna Allman said...

My husband an I area bout to celebrate our 15th anniversary!

It is great to be able to be best friends with your hubby.

the Mcclanahan 7 said...

Very good! I'm not sure my husband would want all of my youth either. But after 21 years we enjoy each other more with God in our lives.

Loving learning at Home said...

Wow, that is a "Bee"utiful picture. Marriage + Jesus is the only way to go, huh? He makes all things beautiful.

walking said...

Awwwww..... sniff!

Related Posts with Thumbnails