Thursday, November 24, 2011

2011 Gratitude Challenge November 24... Thanksgiving



I sat down this morning to make a list of 100 things I am thankful for.  Got called away at 60 and will get the other 40 later.  Big and small.... It started in my mind because a friend posted that she is thankful for her oven.  They recently moved and their new home did not have an oven..and today they have one.  The first on my list is warm house.. the second is oven.   I don't think I appreciate the things I have.  I thank God for my hearing...because my son can't hear without a cochlear implant (of which I am thankful!)

But do I thank him I can walk, talk, see, smell, taste?  

Taste.. gotta go write that one down.  I didn't this morning.  I have a friend that can't taste very well.  I often stick my foot in my mouth saying, "I made this really great recipe.  I think you would like it."  But I forget she can't taste.  And so I am thankful for her overlooking the fact that I do this..probably more often than I realize...

People do the same to me.  So I am thankful that I have been more FILLED with God's goodness and grace and am more able to pour it out on to others....

So I am not going to share my 100 list with you.  It's kind of private... at least parts of it.  But it is a super good exercise.  I found the above graphic online.  I love it... I might do that!  It gets you into the more creative side of your brain when you do exercises like pictures.  And so I am thankful for both sides of my brain (because not everyone has that luxury)... off to write that down.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails