Sunday, November 14, 2010

2010 Gratitude Challenge - day 14


I am working on a review that is due tomorrow. I was going to put this picture in it to show how I tend to leave projects half finished..(because the craft for the review is not 'quite' complete), but it occurred to me that perhaps the company who sells the product I am sampling would not like THIS picture in the post lest people think THAT is the product so I am putting the picture here in a separate post. I asked my mom if she had any of my projects that I made growing up that were 'half finished." Here is a pot holder she found. You will have to wait until tomorrow to see the other 'project' we are working on.


How does this work in with gratitude?? I am thankful, on occasion that I am a 'good enough gal.' I have a scrapbooking buddy that will spend the same amount of time on one page that I will spend on five pages. Her books are beautiful!! Mine..not as much. But both of our books are unique to us. So maybe I am not necessarily thankful that I am a 'good enough gal' so much that God created each of us unique. At least life doesn't get boring that way. I think God made our children all unique too and when we train them up in the way they should go..in their interest..with their God given strengths... they will not depart from it and will grow into who God made them to be.

I am also learning to let things go and be more of a Mary than a Martha. Sometimes the potholders can hold...even for a few decades...while we search for something else of greater importance.

Or maybe, I just don't like crafts :)





9 comments:

Steph @ Wild Crickets said...

Your post cracked me up! I can't tell you the number of incomplete crafts or projects I have sitting around my house. I admit it. I suffer from crafty ADD. Start one, jump to another, and maybe finish the third. But, like you, I am glad that God made me exactly this way. There's a plan in there somewhere. We just have to jump over the pile of potholders to get there. ;) Thanks for the smile and reminder!

Our Homeschool Reviews said...

Can't wait to see your unfinished projects! If we don't get started on ours, we will have a similar picture! ;o)

Just an Average American Mom said...

To Funny!

I am sure that those in your life are glad that you are just you. The best you, you can be.

Great post.

Jen U. said...

A beautiful reminder.

Catherine said...

That potholder picture brought back memories. I used to do hundreds of those silly things! And strings of lanyard keychains and bracelets.. I try heard to remember that I'm "good enough" because I can be so hard on myself. How wonderful that you already know that!

Jennifer said...

You shared some important thoughts in this post. I like crafts, and try to do so many at once that a lot are in the unfinished stage at the same time.

Vickie said...

Too funny! I have several unfinished projects. A couple of years ago, a friend challenged me to write up an "unfinished" list and to get it all done by the end of the year. Yeah...that isn't finished yet either LOL

SisterTipster said...

I've done those too...hmmm... Thanks for the memory! hugs!

walking said...

I should post my unfinished afghan for Steve! It's about 66.666667 percent done!!! It would be as embarassing as showing my dirty laundry! LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails