Saturday, November 6, 2010

2010 Gratitude Challenge - day 6

I had a whole long post written for today's gratitude... but I just don't feel I can put it up. I am thankful for the small things today. Our host blogger for this topic is thankful today for oatmeal raisin cookies. I love them..w/o the raisins. I made some this week. mmm..coffee and cookies. Maybe I will go grab one.

That was my adhd kicking in. Sorry. Ok so today I will be thankful that gluten free has made mainstream! This is way less thought provoking than my original post but it is true. I can go to Kroger, Meijer and actually find fabulous treats. And, another bit of thankfulness.... on Halloween last week my neighbor (old enough to have grandkids) bought my son SPECIFICALLY a box of gluten free animal crackers for his treat. That is so thoughtful. I cried just a little bit. It took some effort to do that. Those of you that are friends on my facebook have already read all about this but I must preserve the moment on the blog because I am still thinking about this act of kindness.

So today I'm thankful for oatmeal cookies, gluten free goodies and thoughtful neighbors.





3 comments:

SisterTipster said...

WOW~glad your neighbor cares! Enjoy your day! blessings and a hug!

Catherine said...

My sister has celiac-sprue. She was diagnosed a longtime ago, and it was so HARD to keep gluten free. You're absolutely right. Being able to run into any grocery store and get something without gluten is such a blessing. Now, if it were only a little bit less expensive..

Steph @ Wild Crickets said...

What a kind gesture of love from your neighbor! I get so excited to read things like that. My daughter has a casein allergy, and I am so very thankful that foods are labeled in the grocery now, and that we have the internet as a resource for lists and suggestions.

Related Posts with Thumbnails