Tuesday, November 30, 2010

2010 Gratitude Challenge - Day 30


Wow- is this really the last day of this Gratitude Challenge? Around day fifteen I thought I'd never be able to blog EVERY day for 30 days. I have a lot to be thankful for but I am famous for half finishing stuff. (You can see that on an earlier post if you have been following.) But I am thankful I stuck this out.

Today I am also thankful for the Jesse tree! We have done this in the past and you can read that here. There is also a great FREE one online. You can find it HERE. You have to sign up for the daily email or a 'feed' to get the free PDF but it is worth it. It started yesterday but do two readings a day for a couple of days and you are caught up. If you have any problems email me or leave a comment and I'll see if I can walk you through it.

The 'flavor' of this one is different from ones in the past that we have done. It is less 'academic' and focuses on relationship. It talks about being expectant in this season. Each day has a reading, a devotional and an optional activity. There are paper ornaments at the end. I printed them on cardstock. I thought about laminating but didn't get that far. We are just going to paste them on the wall.. no branch. Keeping it simple. We are also listening to the readings online. You can do that FREE on Bible Gateway. (I'm thankful for free stuff on the internet too.)

On the note of being expectant, as this Jesse Tree Journey draws out, I am thankful for expectations... When I live in God's expectations, instead of my own, I live a more peaceful life. That is my own journey that I seem to be living out daily.

So thanks for reading all my gratitude posts. I toyed around with doing the December Garden of Learning's daily posts but I have two reviews due and another one that doesn't have a due date but I want to get out ASAP. (Diapering a Watermelon book.... it is really good and you don't need to have a baby to appreciate the book.) I will probably link up with her a time or two though! Oh- and it's CHRISTMAS!!!!





3 comments:

Prairiemaid said...

It has been great getting to know you! Now, I am off to check out the Jesse Tree. Thanks!

Blessings,
Cheryl

Catherine said...

We're enjoying our Jesse Tree this year, and I've enjoyed your posts through this challenge. Thank you.

Vickie said...

I'll be checking out this Jesse Tree as well since I can't find my Advent book...thanks for the link up to the tree and for participating in the challenge.

Related Posts with Thumbnails