Saturday, November 20, 2010

2010 Gratitude Challenge - day 20

I am thankful today for all the ways God reveals himself and how they all seem to be working together to point in the same direction. I just did a quick google search to see what the Internet said about how God reveals himself and of course there is much disagreement. So I thought I'd just list the way He has been working in my life and revealing Himself.

- Through other people: You know God means business and that you are hearing the right thing when you hear it from several people and when it points back to Jesus.

- Through the Holy Spirit: Most churches put a heavy emphasis on The Word and this is good but we can't forget that God is PERSONAL. He wants to speak to us individually. I especially know it is God when I FEEL something in my heart and I have also read it in The Word and also heard it from another person.

- Through The Bible: God reveals Himself through His Word. This is especially good when done through the lens and illumination of The Holy Spirit. I recently started to re-read and listen to the Gospel of Matthew. It is good sometimes to 'get' the word through different senses. You can find NIV audio Bible here. I am reading and listening.

- Through prayer: I think this goes along with the other ways that God works and reveals himself but when you pray for God to bring others, to bring illumination to His Word and to give you insight via the Holy Spirit, it really helps tie it all together. But it is an ongoing journey.

I am sure there are other ways but I am thankful today that God really has been working in all of these areas in my life to show me direction, healing, grace and love.




4 comments:

jimi said...

Thank you, Amy. It's amazing to think of all the ways God reveals Himself to us, isn't it? I guess for me the clearest way is to commit myself to the leading of the Holy Spirit every morning and then seek Him earnestly throughout the day. Great post! Have a blessed Sabbath rest.

SisterTipster said...

What a blessing! Have a great day! hugs!

Catherine said...

I love the times in life when everything is so clear. He really does reveal himself, but sometimes, I am not willing to see.

walking said...

Seeing this happen is one of the joys of being a Christian . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails