Sunday, November 21, 2010

2010 Gratitude Challenge - Day 21

Today I am thankful for my blogging friends. I was in the shower the other day (again that is where all good thinking happens) and was considering a blog post my friend Val had written. You can find it here. It is about her son and basically bullying that has happened to her son at school. I was thinking what a fabulous mom she is in how she handled it and also how she writes about what she REALLY feels and thinks on her blog. She gives practical info but weaves it effortlessly (at least to the reader) into real life. She is probably the first blog I really started reading and she is who inspired me to write my own. I also think that perhaps I like reading hers because I am so 'into' homeschooling and autism worlds that I forget there is this whole other area where we 'started' called deaf and hearing impaired. So, although I have lots of favorite blogs, hers will always be my 'most favorite-ist.' You can find Cochlear Kids here. So thankful to Val as well as the many other bloggers that I read.

Val also writes several columns for The Examiner that I always find helpful and insightful. You can find all that on her blog. The columns are not just for the hearing impaired....they include parenting, stay at home mom stuff, other disabilities... She has a book that I have read (see sidebar) about her life which was again helpful and heartwarming. Keep writing Val!





3 comments:

Catherine said...

I know what you mean. In most cases, the blogs I love are written by women I have never met, but their advice, and their wisdom has enriched my life in so many ways! That is a wonderful post by your friend Val, and this one is, too.

SisterTipster said...

I'm thankful that there really are some cool blogs to read everyday and inspire me~thanks for sharing your friend's blog~have a blessed day!HUGS!!

Michelle Smith said...

It is wonderful how the blogging world can create friendships, isn't it?

Related Posts with Thumbnails