Wednesday, November 3, 2010

2010 Gratitude Challenge - day 4


Uh oh. Day 4 and I'm already getting stuck. I think today I am thankful for God connecting the dots. Yesterday we had a Skype with our RDI consultant. She always puts us back on track. About a year ago I was visiting a friend in Ohio. We were on a mini-vacation there and stopped at her house for just a few hours. Andrew had one of his biggest meltdowns EVER and my friend witnessed it. She insisted strongly suggested that we contact her RDI consultant. We did. It has been a long year but we have made progress. Still, this past month has been difficult. Did I mention that I have been sick and hope to post a 'thankful' entry soon on how I feel better? When you don't feel well things slide. That is just the way it is. I am feeling better but not 100% and so she helped us yesterday really hone in on what she thinks is going on, how we can confirm that and then how to streamline to do the bare minimum. I know being sick as a mom is no picnic but add in homeschooling and special needs and lets just say that screen time can get out of hand.

So today's..gratitude... I am so thankful for God connecting the dots. If Andrew had not melted down at my friends house we might still be going along downhill. Now we are moving ahead...even if sometimes it feels like we are going at a snails pace while pushing a small truck. It is still forward.





5 comments:

Prairiemaid said...

Connecting the dots is a good thing! Besides helping us know what to do and where to start, it puts everything back in perspective.

Praying for your health to improve soon!

Blessings,
Cheryl

April said...

Isn't it great when we can see how He is working in our lives? Thanks for sharing!
Blessings,
April

Michelle Smith said...

A good thing to be thankful for! When we can start to get a handle on a new direction the Lord has for us, or how to continue in the path that is already there, then we can make progress.

SisterTipster said...

God is soo good like that, Amy, giving us just what we need WHEN and how we need it. Glad He's in your life and that you all are making progress. God's got your backs and is with you. HUGS!!

Catherine said...

It definitely helps to know what "it" is. At least then we know which way to turn next.

I hope you feel better soon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails